Templates for the project reports are available here (in most browsers right click to download)
(The OpenOffice/LibreOffice template is not yet available. Work is ongoing)
The Department always has a number of suggestion for master thesis projects. We can also often help to establish contacts with companies which are interested in master thesis projects, both in Sweden and abroad. The topics were we have thesis projects are modeling and simulation, real-time systems, process control, automotive systems, robotics, and a large range of application areas for control, automation, and real-time systems.
If you are interested in a master thesis with us you should contact Karl-Erik Årzén <Karl-Erik.Arzen@control.lth.se> You can also discuss with the teachers in the different control courses.
The aim and the rules for a Master's Thesis are described in Kursplan för examensarbete inom civilingenjörsutbildningen. A Swedish information sheet from the Department of Automatic Control is also available.
Some examples of Swedish companies which recently have had thesis projects with are Volvo, ABB, Ericsson, Tetra Pak, Alfa Laval, Astra Zeneca, AssiDomän Frövi, Dynasim, Haldex Traction, and TAC.
The Department has good international contacts and can help to arrange thesis projects in other countries. Some universities where master thesis have been made recently are:
- University of Newcastle, Australia
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- Laboratoire d'automatique de Grenoble, France
- University of Coimbra, Potugal
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPF), Lausanne, Switzerland
- Imperial College, London, UK
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- California Institute of Technology, USA (SURF-projects can be extended to a MSc-thesis)
Some thesis projects have also been done at companies abroad. Recent examples are:
- ABB, Switzerland and Germany
- Daimler-Chrysler, Berlin
- ZF Lenksysteme, Germany
- General Electric Global Research, Munich
You can find useful documents (in Swedish) here.