Ph.D. student since August 2013. My research interests are modeling and distributed control of large-scale systems with applications in traffic networks.
Supervisor: Giacomo Como
|9 April 2019||Lund University published an article about my research, you will find it here (in Swedish).|
|15 February 2019||Successfully defended my PhD thesis "On robust distributed control of transportation networks".|
|16 December - 19 December 2018||Participation in "CDC 2018" with the presentation “Assignment and Control of Two-Tiered Vehicle Traffic”.|
|2 October - 1 December 2018||Visited Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche "Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange", Politecnico di Torino|
|22 August - 24 August 2018||Participation in "CCTA 2018" with the presentation "On Distributed Optimal Control of Traffic Flows in Transportation Networks".|
|25 June - 3 August 2018||Visited Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche "Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange", Politecnico di Torino|
|18 June - 20 June 2018||Participation in "Reglermöte 2018" with the presentation "Decentralized traffic light control with dynamic cycle length".|
|10 June - 15 June 2018||Participation in the "Traffic Flow Management Reunion Conference II" at IPAM, UCLA.|
|6 June - 8 June 2018||Participation in "CTS 2018" with the paper “Evaluation of Decentralized Feedback Traffic Light Control with Dynamic Cycle Length“|
|16 Oct 2017 - 9 Mar 2018||Intern at Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, Cambridge, MA.|
|10 Jul - 14 Jul 2017||Participation in "IFAC 2017 World Congress" with the paper "On Generalized Proportional Allocation Policies for Traffic Signal Control".|
|28 Nov - 8 Dec 2016||Visited Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche "Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange", Politecnico di Torino|
|18 Oct - 19 Oct 2016||Participation in "Swedish National Conference on Transport Research", Lund, Sweden|
|3 Oct - 14 Oct 2016||Visited Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche "Giuseppe Luigi Lagrange", Politecnico di Torino|
|12 Sept - 16 Sept 2016||Attended the 37th International Summer School of Automatic Control Grenoble, France - Advanced algorithms for traffic prediction and control|
|8 June - 9 June 2016||Participation in Reglermöte 2016 with the presentation "On Decentralized Feedback Control for Traffic Lights"|
|15 Dec - 18 Dec 2015||Participation in CDC 2015 with the submission "Entropy-like Lyapunov Functions for the Stability Analysis of Adaptive Traffic Signal Controls" [Slides]|
|7 Sept - 31 Oct 2015||Participation in part of the long program "New Directions in Mathematical Approaches for Traffic Flow Management" at Institute for Pure & Applied Mathematics, UCLA|
|14 Dec - 17 Dec 2014||Participation in CDC 2014, with the submission "On Resilience of Multicommodity Dynamical Flow Networks" [Slides]|
|2 June - 4 June 2014||Participation in Reglermöte 2014 with a poster "On Stability And Resilience Of Multicommodity Dynamical Flow Networks"|
|28 April - 16 May 2014||Visit to Grenoble Traffic Lab|
|13 May 2014||Participation in the HYCON2 show-day with a poster "On Resilience of Multicommodity Dynamical Flow Networks"|
- G. Nilsson, P. Grover, and U. Kalabic. “Assignment and Control of Two-Tiered Vehicle Traffic”. Accepted for publication at IEEE CDC 2018.
- C. Rosdahl, G. Nilsson, and G. Como. “On distributed optimal control of traffic flows in transportation networks” (INVITED). Accepted for publication at CCTA 2018.
- G. Nilsson and G. Como, “Evaluation of Decentralized Feedback Traffic Light Control with Dynamic Cycle Length“, accepted for IFAC CTS 2018.
- G. Nilsson and G. Como, “On generalized proportional allocation policies for traffic signal control”, (INVITED) IFAC World Congress 2017, Toulouse, France.
- G. Nilsson, P. Hosseini, G. Como, and K. Savla, “Entropy-like Lyapunov Functions for the Stability Analysis of Adaptive Traffic Signal Controls,” (INVITED) in Proc. of IEEE Control Decision Conference, (Osaka, Japan), December 15-18, 2015.
- G. Nilsson, G. Como, and E. Lovisari, “On Resilience of Multicommodity Dynamical Flow Networks,” in Proc. of 2014 Control Decision Conference, (Los Angeles, CA, USA), December 15-17, 2014.
I have been a TA in the following courses:
Basic Course in China (autumn 2016)
Network Dynamics (spring 2015, spring 2016, spring 2018)
Basic Course for FIPi (spring 2014, spring 2015, spring 2017)
Basic Course for ED (autumn 2013)
Physiological Models and Computations (autumn 2015)
Linear Systems (9 ECTS)
Distributed Control (6 ETCS)
Numerical Linear Algebra (7.5 ECTS)
Network Dynamics (9 ECTS)
Functional Analysis in System Theory (9 ECTS)
Integration Theory (7.5 ECTS)
Theory of Stochastic Processes (7.5 ECTS)
Optimal Control (7.5 ECTS)
Communicating Science (5 ECTS)
Game Theory (8 ECTS)
Convex Optimization (7.5 ECTS)
Robust Control (9 ECTS)
Control System Synthesis (10 ECTS)
Information Theory (7.5 ECTS)
Programming Languages and Concepts (7.5 ECTS)
Total: 120.5 ECTS